February 14, 2021 In Education
Deaths after COVID-19 vaccination are increasing, including in two healthy middle-aged physicians?
- As of February 12, just two months after vaccination began, the passive system which underreports vaccine injuries, VAERS, registered 602 deaths and 435 life-threatening events associated with COVID-19 vaccines (Figure).
- The FDA admits that its active COVID-19 vaccine safety monitoring system is not ready and will not be working until after 100 million shots have been given. Experts say it is needed now to detect reactions that only occur after three months or in groups not studied in clinical trials.
- Clusters of nursing home resident deaths after vaccination are being reported in the US, Spain, and Norway, raising the question whether these vaccines are safe in the frail, elderly—a group not included in the vaccine clinical trials (Figure).
- Two healthy middle-aged physicians—one from TN and one from FL—who previously had COVID-19 and were subsequently vaccinated are among those who have died (Figure).
- It is thought that the TN physician’s death was due to an immune response.
- Severe disease including death from immune enhancement was the concern with the SARS coronavirus, and the reason why ethicists and vaccinologists called for more animal testing before rushing the COVID-19 vaccine to humans.
- As more people are vaccinated, it is likely we will learn about severe adverse events that would have been detected in longer, more rigorous animal studies. This is a hard way to learn.